My not-so-favorite day: Back


As I've mentioned before, I love leg-days ... but I just don't feel the same way about back-days. Once I get going, though, I'll even start enjoying it.

How can I describe it? It's like procrastinating with some deadline and then at the last minute you decide to start and then get going like there's no tomorrow... That's kinda what back-days feel like for me... I get to the gym feeling like I've just dragged my body and my gym bag as loosely as I possibly could, change my clothes and have a frown on my face and feel like "*uck this *hit I'm going home" ... and then once I get my motors started and know I'm going to go through the exercise routine whether I like it or not, I get hyped up and get busy.

But before the motors are up and running, it really feels like an eternity and feels oh, so crappy.

Usually, once I'm done with the first set, I get more positive and slowly start enjoying it, but compared to leg-days, this feels like being whacked around on steel walls by a Godzilla.

At the end of my back days I do my biceps and triceps.. in fact at the end of all other days but leg days I do them. They're too tiny and need to grow :)

So here are some photos from Tuesday's back day.







For the past couple of weeks I've been lifting heavy and trying to do less reps and maximum weight. And my body can definitely feel it. I feel more tired and my body just feels beaten up.. maybe that Godzilla really has whacked me around.. Yesterday, my legs and feet were so tired, I kept taking my shoes off and putting them back on after a while to try to feel at least a little more comfortable.. no use, still hurt. And I also had a headache. And it was back day which in itself is "blah" for me. But  I did it.. I did everything and with extra heavy weights and I got a damn good pump :) And to top it off, my muscles are sore in a good way, which always feels like positive feedback.


Looking back, back days aren't that bad, are they? Right now they don't feel like they'd be as challenging I as claim them to be, but come next week's back day and I'll probably feel the same way :) The important thing is to just do it and since you're gonna do it anyway, might as well do it good and hard!

I'm so happy tomorrow is a day off work... maybe my body (and mind) could rest a bit.

Comments

Popular Posts