Gym update

I have a lot to put here, lots of photos, some videos, and a link to an article they published about me on bodybuilding.com.

First of all, here's the link to the article on bb.com

I was quite happy they chose to publish an article about me. It was an honor!

As for training, well, it's mostly been going well. Joose, my husband, had participated in a bench press competition and won with 215kg @ 107kg.
Here's the video:
It was a great competition and the atmosphere was superb. All in all, we were both very happy about that day :)

My own training had been going great until a few weeks ago when suddenly, like it has done a few times before, my right shoulder decided to cramp up. Or do something. I'm not quite sure what happened to it. I was sitting on the passenger's seat of our car and not doing anything other than sitting. Suddenly my shoulder went berserk. I couldn't lift it and it hurt to move it. There was one spot right on the edge of my shoulder in the middle of my mid-delts that hurt so bad that I thought I'd have to go to the doctor's again to get a cortisone shot. Luckily it turned out not to be as bad as that, but for around a week, I took 3 strong painkillers a day without much of any improvement other than having taken the pain away. Now after two weeks of not training my upper body at all and doing only legs, I decided to do my upper body again because it's just going to get ridiculous otherwise.

Since the shoulder injury, I've done one delts day and one arms day, here are a few photos from yesterday's and today's workouts.

The first 5 photos are from the delts day that was the first in two weeks. I did light weight and high reps and tried to do all sorts of different warm-ups and stretching I could think of before, during and after training. Seems it paid off, because the blood started circulating better and it's been much better now.

The picture doing the bench dip was taken today while I was doing my last set of a super set with skull crushers and bench dips. My shoulder did just fine, though it did feel like it was getting strained.











Here's a photo collage after a good arms training day back in December:








This was taken on December 1st.







Some from November:








Here are some training videos along the timeline...





Comments

Popular Posts