The Show - part 3 of 20 - Sense of smell

Hi again.

How are you doing? The autumn is in full swing and I'm back from my hand surgery that happened yesterday.
Getting ready for surgery in stylish hospital clothes :)
The metal plate and screws I asked to keep. Maybe I'll make jewelry out of them :) 

In the recovery room, still with tubes and monitoring devices attached, but feeling very good.


Was desperate for coffee since I hadn't eaten in 12 hours :) boy oh boy did this taste goooood! :)
Anyway, now I'm gonna recover for three weeks and then get back to work, but I'm going to go to the gym and do everything else other than what I can't do with my left hand.

I've kept in pretty good condition and shape after the test diet and I will keep it up even with this minor obstacle.

And speaking of the diet and food... my sense of smell was so heightened that it was a separate pleasure on its own to be able to smell the different ingredients used in foods. Foods that others were having.

This one time I was in the shower and there were visitors in the apartment next to ours and they were cooking an omelet with tomatoes and onions. I could almost taste the different ingredients on my tongue as they traveled through my nose. It was a weird shower session to say the least :)

I also remember being upstairs and smelling the coffee they were making downstairs at work. And I'm usually really sensitive to the smell of smoke, and during this time I was extra sensitive and it seemed like the smoke was literally choking me by grabbing my throat and pinching my nose so I couldn't get any air.

Now that I'm not on a diet anymore, I kind of miss that sensitivity. I still appreciate food and all it's smells, textures and tastes, but that sensitivity to smell is gone so the experience isn't quite the same.

To me, it seems like people are really scared of dieting and many tend to think that you suffer when on a diet. I found my diet very nice and I enjoyed all the new experiences I got during my diet. The heightened sense of smell being one of the more memorable new experiences.

I'm off to chillax a bit and get working on a new project that I'll post about later on once it's done.

See you next time.
Nas

Comments

Popular Posts