Competition results


Guess which one's mine! :)

So the competition was on Saturday and I was very happy that there was another female competitor there. It would have been boring to be the only female.

It was a good day all in all. There was a pretty good amount of people in the audience and a good amount of competitors too.
In the morning, we woke up at around 9am and slowly got ready to go to the gym to lose some last-minute weight :) I was on the cross-trainer for half an hour and at 10 am we went for the weigh-in. I weighed 57.9 kg and it was as low as I could get it by then. Didn't want to do anything drastic.

Then.. BREAKFAST! Right after the weigh-in we had our usual breakfast and were good to go for an hour or so. The competition started at 12, so around 45 minutes before that we went to Hesburger (a Finnish burger joint) and stuffed our faces with the equivalent of a Quarter Pounder meal..

To our surprise, we were full half way through the meal.. we're so used to eating clean that stuffing our faces with pure energy sorta shocked our system. We left most of the fries uneaten and didn't even finish the drinks.

On our way to the gym I fell asleep in the car (~2,5 km ... that's something like 5 minutes) and was pissed when my hubby woke me up coz we were had arrived at the gym. I guess I ate just a bit too much :)

At the gym, I started warming up for the bench press and just before the competition began I sort of agreed to take part in all three: squat first, then bench press and then deadlift. I didn't have much time to warm up before getting called up to do the first squat.

I was really nervous about the squat. I hadn't done my max on squats for a really long time and it felt like my torso might not be able to handle the very short warm-up and then max squat.. but I'm a dare devil, so I guess it got the best of me.

There were only TWO things to REMEMBER:
1. SQUAT
2. OBEY THE COMMANDS GIVEN BY THE REFEREE !!

The first one was easy to remember ... it was the second one I seemed to have a problem with coz I was so nervous... It's embarrassing, but well, luckily these weren't that serious a competition, otherwise I would've gotten my ass kicked.

On the first round, I had 70 kg. It felt really heavy, so I though I would raise it by only 5 kg, but I guess my brain had gone mellow, coz I realized only later that I had accidentally said to raise it to 85 kg ...

Good thing I got it wrong, because even though it was hard to squat, I still managed (although with a major technical issue of not remembering the command.)

On the last try, I did 90 kg with the same technical issue...

Here's the squat video:

After the squat, an the embarrassing episode of forgetting the command, I was happy it was over and I could move on to the bench press, for which I had warmed up properly and also trained to some extent. It was a far more pleasant experience :) I even remembered the commands this time. AND made my personal record!

Here's the video:


The deadlift is what I was really happy about. Last time I tried my max at deadlift, I injured my upper back, even though I did make my record of 102,5 kg then. It took a really long time to recover and I'd been scared to try max deadlift after that.
At the competition, I had set my starting weight to 90 kg... The other female competitor was super strong at deadlift and had set her starting weight to 100 kg. Being the competitive type that I am, I couldn't help but raise my starting weight to 100 as well. I knew I had done 102,5 so if 100 wouldn't come, I'd just pack up my things and go :)

Luckily it came up and it was even easy!! So for the second round I raised it to 110 kg.

The other girl had set her last round to 115 kg.. and I just HAD to put mine higher: 117,5 kg. I failed in lifting it, but I didn't care. I had set my personal record and I had won the overall, so it was all good! :)

Here's the vid:

The only female competitors

The girls
I won with an overall of 265
mmm... tastes like victory.

Comments

Popular Posts