Leg day and arms

Thursday was leg day. My favorite day. I don't know why most people don't believe me when I say that leg day is my favorite. Mostly men think it's just silly that someone likes leg days. And it's mostly women who agree with me.

I did squats, of course. Then I did leg press and drop sets on seated leg curls. So I didn't do too many different exercises working the thighs, but it seemed to do the trick of activating them coz they got so goddamn sore! :)

But I didn't stop with the leg day there, I also did donkey calf raises which I have come to love!

For the day dedicated to pumping the arms: Friday! I did narrow grip bench presses with the board, moved on to doing heavy bicep curls with the bar, after which the real training begun: the giant sets! :)
The giant sets have proved to be pretty good in some of the training, like arms.

I did a giant set that included both biceps and triceps and all together there were 7 exercises. Really like this even though by the end of the sets you feel like punching yourself coz your arms are burning so bad!

We were there at the same time as one of the gym owners, who also happened to have an arm day. So I challenged him to do one more set before our training was done for the week. He picked up a heavier bar and I a lighter bar and we curled on... I don't know how many reps we did, but I remember that when I felt like my arms would drop off and his face was so twisted that he was almost unrecognizable; I said "15 more" and there we were trying to fight for honor! We did 15 more reps even though it looked more like we were humping the bar by then coz we were swinging it around to get speed. But we did it nonetheless! :)

And of course we had to measure our biceps afterwards... mine grew by around half a centimeter and his had shrunk by half a centimeter... I guess I sucked the muscle out of him ;)

Waiting eagerly for next weeks training!

Popular Posts