How is your hauis

Friday was one of the best workouts ever... felt great and the training was interesting all the way through. And at the end I challenged one of the gym owners to do a drop set of bicep curls with me ... it was rough. I wish I had a video of it, but I didn't have any camera (mine was at home). We took a few videos with Sini's camera, but by the end of my training she had finished her training and thus we didn't manage to get any footage. By the way, check out her blog, she's gotten a good deal done in a short time and has gotten addicted to the gym.

Oh well.. we did manage to get other footage, for example we got some videos of the narrow-grip board presses I did.
This is how I started my Friday's biceps/triceps training day: narrow-grip board presses. This one with 55 kg.

60 kg
I raised it by 5 kg and it felt pretty good.

65 kg
Raised it by another 5 kg and then it got a little more challenging, but that was the point :)
Felt good! Have to build up for raising my bench skills.. maybe I'll be able to bench (the normal way) 70 kg this year.

Then to top it off, I had a great time working the biceps and triceps. I did the giant sets that consisted of 7 different exercises working both the biceps and the triceps in turns. My training was basically over when I found one of the owners of the gym who was also on his last reps.. then I challenged him to do a drop set of bicep curls with me to finish off the week's training. That was superb ... I didn't even count how many reps we did, but I can tell you, it was tough.. somewhere in the middle I thought to myself, "damn, why did I say '10 more'".. but in the end we both had a blast doing it. He did the drop set with 7 drops and I did it with 6.



These two photos are actually from the chest workout day taken with my own crappy phone camera. Then I stuck the same head on the other photo coz I had a funny face :)

This Friday I did just about the whole training routine using over-heavy weights to get a good feel of lifting heavy. I'm more used to lifting semi-heavy and doing 12-15 reps. This time I did more heavy and 6-10 reps depending on the exercise. It felt good and I'll continue this way until it's time to change and give it a rest.














Here's another video from Friday's training:
I wish my arms looked as "big" on normal days and not just during training. It'd be nice to have big arms, since I've always had spaghetti-arms and never really liked them. Now that they're bigger, I feel I can handle them better and that they don't just dangle from my shoulders without purpose :)

I guess many people think I'm crazy for wanting bigger arms.. it's ok :) I am.















All in all, this was a pretty good weekend. First of all, Friday went great... apart from eating after getting back from the gym. I got so hungry that I couldn't eat properly, so I just ate a little bit and later had to eat some more. But that was just a minor setback.
A picture of our monster Ford at the parking lot before leaving for the Tampere Cruising on Saturday.
 And here is our rat Buick and the frozen driver. My husband was driving the monster and I was driving this one.
It was an awesome night. We went on the Tampere Cruising and drove to the American Diner. The cars were super awesome and the people were just fantastic! It was like being in a whole different world compared to the normal, daily, CITY life... more of this kind of atmosphere for me please! This was an event with an attitude!

Popular Posts