Nails and overloading on calories thinking it'll lead to WAY more muscle

The people who work out seriously in the gym know that it's hard work to get those muscle. They don't come for free. They don't come by sitting around on your ass and watching TV. They come by dedicating the time, energy and effort to building those muscle in an optimal way.

I hate it that my hard work is undermined by those people who work out but don't look the part. And everyone cheers for them, even though you couldn't tell they've stepped into a gym in any life time.

Why?

Because it's not acceptable to be SO different from the general public. Someone might think I think I'm better than everyone else, I know I'm not.

Or am I? Maybe I am. Because I do work hard to keep my athletic look. I work damn hard to be positive even when I see people around me abuse their bodies and are praised for it.

It's unfair, I don't have to like it and I don't like it. Not one bit!

I wish I could sit down with a bunch of people whom I think have potential and ask them why they ruin all their hard work at the gym by eating WAY too many calories and gaining so much weight that dieting takes forever and they lose a lot of muscle in the process. I wish I could ask them why they don't concentrate more on the things that will make them a winner on stage rather than concentrating on the colorful nails they get.

Not that it's not important to look fabulous, but it's also important to stay true to the sport while you're on stage representing it.

I'm not perfect, if I was, I probably wouldn't have a blog complaining about all the things that bother me. But since this was on my mind and it's a recurring theme in so much of the  bodybuilding/fitness world, I thought I'd give my two-cents worth of an opinion.

Thanks for reading.

Facebook
Youtube
Instagram
Bodybuilding.com

Comments

Popular Posts