Airfryer

So over the weekend we've been prancing around our newest kitchen gadget :)

We heard from my hubby's workmate that this cool device called the Airfryer by Philips is a fantastic machine for making deep-fried food without the oil !!!

Can you imagine that!

That's like a fitness/foody's wet dream! :)

We don't exactly shy away from fats and oils, but we do eat something like 8 times a day and if we were to eat a lot of unhealthy fats even with half the meals, we'd be rolling around looking very different than we do now :)

So far, we've only made 4 things with this machine.

  1. Potato chips
  2. Chicken
  3. Steak with cauliflower and a pepper (all together)
  4. Bun
    • I don't have a picture of this, but I put the ball of dough in the basket and tested if it'd come out well. IT DID! It was deliciously crusty on the outside and hot and soft on the inside! It was a ball of heaven with real butter! 
The booklet that came with this machine has recipes and suggestions for other things. You can make cakes with this too. Can't wait to try that out!

putting the raw, sliced potatoes in the basket and into the machine
half way done
I put a teaspoon of olive oil on the chickens, some seasoning and into the machine they went

The chicken turned out nice and juicy and it was great with the chips
Potato chips
For the chips, from taking the potatoes into your hand until you have the ready chips ready to eat, it takes around 30-40 minutes.

I sliced the potatoes, put them into a bowl of water for a while. The instructions say 30 minutes, but I left them there for something like 5 minutes and got bored so I drained them, dried them between a towel and put a table spoon of olive oil in a bowl and added the slices to it. I twirled them around so they would all be somewhat covered and popped them into the basket.

I put them in 160 Celsius for 15-18 minutes, then 200 Celsius for 5-8 minutes. Of course these times depend on the amount of potatoes you use.

Chicken
The chicken was half frozen still and we were hungry, so I took a chance and prepared the chicken with the machine anyway.

I rubbed a tea spoon or olive oil on the chicken breasts, added salt and seasoning and popped them into the basket and had it at 180 Celsius for 15 minutes first. Then I checked on them to see if they're ok and left them for another 5 minutes.

They were really juicy and nice. I absolutely loved them. There was a little bit of crust on top as well which tasted and felt just as though the chicken breasts had been grilled.

Cauliflower and pepper
The cauliflower turned out amazing! I tested it just because I wanted to try something out. They turned out crispy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside. I might have been really hungry when I had these, but I really want these again!

The pepper turned out nice too.. just like grilling peppers. Loved this one too.

The steaks turned out a little dry because they were pre-cooked and I left them in the machine for too long. But they had a nice crust on top which I like. Next time I have to add these in half way so they don't dry up.

Bun
The bun was a little tricky, coz I didn't have any instructions, so I just put what I thought would be good. I started at 180 Celsius for 8 minutes, then 200 Celsius for 3 minutes, and VOILA! Perfection! This might depend on the dough and the size and so many other things... I don't really know if I can pull the same trick off a second time :)

This machine cost around 170 eur... There are some places where you can get it just a little cheaper and there are places selling it for more than 200 eur... At first I thought this was a little too expensive for this kind of machine, but that juicy chicken and heaven-sent cauliflower changed my mind :)

I recommend this for creative foodies!

At the end of each post I will give you the links to my social media links in case you are interested in the wider range of photos and videos I put out. And of course, I appreciate the support! So, a big thank you in advance! :)
Facebook
Youtube
Instagram
Bodybuilding.com

Comments

Popular Posts