The Show - part 2 of 20 - Scared of cravings

Hiya! :)

How are you today? I know it's been a little more than a week, but you'll have to forgive me as I've been busy with normal life and normal life for me means running around like a headless chicken from 5am to 9pm.

So you know how I told you about my diet project last week? Well, because I didn't know what to expect, I thought I'd document everything. Did I actually do it: NO. Why not, because I was a hungry and busy hippo. Now I regret it. But what I did do was to write down little pointers and short hints for myself about what to write more elaborately about once I get the chance.

So, your role in all this is to listen to my diet diaries ;) Thank you :)

When I started my diet, I had just come back from Germany having spent time with my family eating and drinking and having some serious water retention going on :D

Because 9 weeks is a really short time to be on a competition diet, I was scared that it will be REALLY tough and that I will start having cravings like mad and that those cravings will be exactly the kinds of things I usually don't eat AND that those cravings will stay even after the diet is over.

Even though I know myself pretty well, and I know my body pretty well, I remain humble and realize that I am only human and when I put my mind and body through a tough thing there will be aspects that will come out that may be in hiding the rest of the time. And I would be lying if I said that this experience didn't scare me, because I took this very seriously and I wanted to step into this unknown so that it would be less unknown when I do actually take part in a competition.

One of the diets I had, which wasn't very serious, was in 2010 and that's a diet I will never go back to. I started craving chocolate like crazy and I don't really like chocolate. As weird as that may sound, I'm not much of a sweet-tooth, but rather prefer savory goodies like popcorn.


I had raised this issue with my coach and he said something I hadn't thought of before for some reason. He said: if you start craving things you didn't really like before, that's probably your body telling you you're doing it wrong.

THAT, my dear reader, is something that I will keep in my head and my heart as the truth until proven wrong.

I can't emphasize enough how happy I was with this diet in the sense that not only did I manage to get into good condition in 9 weeks, but the things I was craving were normal foods, like the ones I was having, like chicken and rice and salad. Or mashed potatoes and some yummy fish. And those are the cravings I can live with. That deep fried ice cream I dreamt about was probably the only thing i had to tick off my list ;)

Talk to you later. Have a good weekend! Till next time.
Nas

Comments

Popular Posts