The Show - part 1 of 20 - Why I decided to go on a diet

Dear reader,

I hope you are well. It's been a while since I last wrote to you and now I'm going to make up for it in letters I'll write you every week or so just so you know what my big project was like for me.

In case you hadn't heard about my big project, I'll give you a little background on it. Last year the Manse Body Club was organizing a Fitness and Bodybuilding Show again (they've done it every year) and they asked me if I'd like to perform there. I said "no". I thought, then, that I wasn't in the kind of condition I would like to present myself in. That's why I declined.

Come spring of 2016 I decided to contact them and see if they were still interested in having me perform there and luckily for me, they were. So I set out to decide how I'm going to diet for this show.

I've wanted to do a full and proper test contest prep and not take part in any competition. I wanted to do it this way so I would know how my body reacts to the very strict and hard contest diet so if there were things along the way that were obstacles I would know to anticipate them. I think this way I could eliminate extra stress, do you agree? Also, I wanted to try the contest tans, nails, hair, makeup, bikini and the whole shebang that goes with competing. Not only that, I wanted to see how long I would have to diet for to get into the condition I wanted to achieve.

The Show was going to be on the second Saturday of September and I was going to Germany to visit my family for one week on the last week of June. I didn't want to be on a diet during my trip, because family for me is more or less eating and drinking and spending loads of quality time around my crazy gang :D

That would leave me 9 weeks to diet my way to the Show.

Now I had to decide whether I would go through this endeavor testing my own diet plan and risk failing at it because I haven't done it before and haven't a clue how to get through the last critical two weeks - or to get a coach.

I decided to go find a coach.

I had one in mind, but I decided not to go with that option. Instead I asked another coach and am SO very happy I chose him. He's brutally honest and motivating. I like it exactly like that. I can't stand bullshitters who only try to make you feel good when what they should be telling you is what you should do to achieve your goals.

Turns out I have good instinct after all for this kinda thing ;)

9 weeks is not a long time at all for a contest prep and I'm happy my off-season condition wasn't bad to begin with, so it was a doable task to get me in shape in 9 weeks.

Here's a chart of my weight changes during the 9-week test diet

Anyway.. I couldn't muster the courage to show you the condition I started this diet from... but maybe just to be making up excuses I'd like you to know I had one week of eating and drinking in Germany with my crazy, funky family during the football world cup... need I say more or can you imagine the Michelin woman I was at the beginning without pictures as evidence? ;)

Anyway, the thing I'm more proud of is the condition I achieved after only 9 weeks. For that one I don't need to muster the courage to show you a picture of.

I'll leave you with this photo of my front double biceps pose that I really like.
In the next letters I'll try to tell you more specifically about all the weird and new discoveries I made about myself and my surroundings while on this diet. I'm still fascinated by it all. I learnt so much and I can't wait to share it with you.

I'm off to sleep now, tomorrow is a normal day at work just like today was. The glory of the weekend hasn't worn off though, it got me through today just fine even after only 5 hours of sleep.

Good night!
Yours truly,
Nas

Comments

Popular Posts